Our Founder, Hamidah Bahashwan
Hamidah is a dynamic and engaging speaker who has directly worked with thousands of parents, young adults and children for the past 36 years. years. In 2018 she was awarded with “Anugerah Wira Melayu Singapura” together with 49 other individuals who are recognised as champions in the Malay-Muslim community. Earlier in 1997, she was honoured with the Friends of MCDS Award (former Ministry of Community Development Singapore which is now known as MSF – Ministry of Social and Family Development) for her active participation in community work helping families through a series of educational and family enrichment programmes. Hamidah Bahashwan has been actively working with several schools to support students from multiple needs families and have learning challenges prior to MOE embarked on School Counselling scheme employing part-time and full time School Counsellors. Passionate to inspire others, Hamidah Bahashwan started her career as a teacher in 1981 (Maju Secondary School and St Francis Girls School), moved on to serve as Social Worker cum Counsellor at Darul Ihsan Orphanage in 1983, Senior Social Worker at PPIS in 1987, Assistant Manager of AlHijrah Division of AMP (formerly known as Association of Muslim Professionals) in 1992, Academic Advisor with the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission in Singapore in 2010, EQ Relationship Coach at PT Radani (Jakarta). She was invited to serve Club HEAL to lead the Day Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Community Outreach at Club HEAL (from June 2012 up to October 2014) and currently serves as Senior Counsellor from May 2017 up to today.
Professionally she has successfully completed the Satir Transformational Therapy, a 6 months training organized by NCSS and conducted by Ms Kathlyne Maki-Banmen, MA, RCC.
Among others the following are examples of her experience and contribution:
- Designed and Deliver training Leadership and Management Training programme to Government officers at the Civil Service Institute of Brunei – the Onboarding Program for new Young Executives (Working Smarter, Executive Presence and EQ Competencies) and to Middle and Top Leaders of the various ministries for the Leading with EQ workshop (2015-2019).
- Design and delivered a 3 days retreat for the Women’s Federation for World Peace Board Members and volunteers in Sydney with the theme of Empowering Women for Leadership
- Co-organised and Facilitated the Public Sector Young Executive Conference 2000 for the National Institute of Public Administration in Kuala Lumpur in 2009
- Consultancy Service to the CEO and Board of YKSM (Malaysian Strategic Leadership Foundation in Kuala Lumpur 2007 to 2009.
Additional certification, competencies and experience
- Certified to conduct the Triple P (Positive Parenting Programme) in the community.
- Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence training
- Identi3 Psychometric Profiling & Team Building Workshop Certified NLP Practitioner, Experienced Brain-Gym, Touch for Health and Psych-K Practitioner.
- Trained to run workshop on Suicide Prevention and Suicide Attempt Support Group.